Thursday, November 14, 2013

Improve Your Strengths!

“I do not believe that you should devote overly much effort to correcting your weaknesses. Rather, I believe that the highest success in living and the deepest emotional satisfaction comes from building and using your signature strengths.” ~Martin Seligman

Are you devoting too much time to your weaknesses as opposed to building up your signature strengths? It is a problem that most of us have, wanting to improve where we are not strong, when we should be improving our strengths! What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses? I bet you could tell me your weaknesses before you could tell me your strengths!

I was in a Mastermind group and we took a test that measured our strengths and weaknesses, but listed only the top 5 strengths. The funny thing was that a few people wanted to see what their weaknesses were...almost to confirm that, "ya, those are my weaknesses." Like it was something to be  proud of...WRONG!! They were proud of the fact that they were working so hard on their weaknesses...but they had it backwards.

One of your Signature Strengths should be you "Personal Brand." Your personal brand is what will separate you from your competition and everyone else. Revel in your uniqueness!

Your deepest emotional satisfaction comes from building and using your signature strengths.

Know. Be Known. Make A Difference!

“I do not believe that you should devote overly much effort to correcting your weaknesses. Rather, I believe that the highest success in living and the deepest emotional satisfaction comes from building and using your signature strengths.”

No comments:

Post a Comment