Monday, March 25, 2013

It's None Of My Business


"I have no need to conform to the stereotypes others have defined for me."
~Jonathan Lockwood Huie


Are you conforming to the stereotypes that others have define for you? Why? I mean really, why? Were you told that you needed to be this way or that way and you did it? What were you thinking?

Here's a favorite quote of mine, "It's none of my business what you think of me." See, if I make it my business what you think of me, then I change who I am to gain your acceptance, trust, love, whatever. But to really live that, you need to be confident in who you are, and know who you are!  Too many people are still relying on other people's acceptance.  Is that you?  Think about it for  a while.  I hope not!

“Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” Too many people today are only pushed by their problems and aren't led by their dreams. Be led by your dreams! But make sure that they are your dreams and not someone elses...Wayne Dyer said "Live out of your imagination, not your history."  Are you living out of your history and not your imagination?  Unfortunately, most people are.  Regretting the big break they lost, that promotion that went to someone else, that significant other that is no longer significant.  Stop that NOW!

You, and only you, get to choose how you spend each precious moment of your life. Tomorrow is promised to no one.  Choose well and carefully.   It is always your choice.  And the sooner that you realize that you are where you are now because of the choices that you have made, the sooner you can start making better choices.  It's always been up to you!

Know. Be Known. Make A Difference!

"I have no need to conform to the stereotypes others have defined for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment