Monday, December 15, 2014

GET REAL!!

"Children respond when you are genuine and vulnerable with them. So do adults. Let's cut out the pretentious nonsense and get real in everything we do."~Tom Asacker

Are you ready to cut out the "pretentious nonsense?" Really? What role have you been playing so long that you don't even recognize that it is a role and not who you really are? Start getting real in everything that you do. How would that change your life?

People respond to genuineness and vulnerability. Can you show these qualities or are you too trained never to show emotion, either good or bad? Especially in business. That used to be me. I was a stoic and never realized that I was unable to show emotion or vulnerability. I've been remembering who I was when I was me. Not that genuine stoic who I trained myself to be, but being able to be both genuine and vulnerable...and it FEELS good and bad, but it FEELS. I haven't had feelings like these for a long time.

Jonathan Swift said "May you live all the days of your life." I know that I haven't always done that. I've played a part, but not lived, not really. Is that you too? Have you lived all the days of your life or have you just mailed some in? Maybe you just didn't want to live that day. Never allow that to happen to you. You lose too much not LIVING all the days of your life!

Learn from my example. It doesn't pay to be ungenuine or unvulnerable. It's just not worth it in the long run.

"MAY YOU LIVE ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE."

Know.  Be Known.  Make A Difference!

"Children respond when you are genuine and vulnerable with them. So do adults. Let's cut out the pretentious nonsense and get real in everything we do."~

No comments:

Post a Comment