Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Have Others Defined You?

"I have no need to conform to the stereotypes others have defined for me."~Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Are you conforming to the stereotypes that others have defined for you? Why? I mean really, why? Were you told that you needed to be this way or that way and you did it? What were you thinking?  Too many people conform to what others have defined for them!

Here's a favorite quote of mine, "It's none of my business what you think of me." See, if I make it my business what you think of me, then I change who I am to gain your acceptance, trust, love, whatever.  Then I become inauthentic and I'm just acting.  But to really live that quote, you need to be confident in who you are and know who you are!

“Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” Too many people today are only pushed by their problems and aren't led by their dreams. Be led by your dreams! But make sure that they are your dreams and not someone elses...

You, and only you, get to choose how you spend each precious moment of your life. Choose carefully and well. It is always your choice.

Know. Be Known. Make A Difference!

"I have no need to conform to the stereotypes others have defined for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment