Monday, August 24, 2009

Experience All of Life

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
~John W. Gardner

What are you trying to erase from your life? Why? We need to learn to experience ALL of life and not just the good times. Why? Because when you experience the bad times, it makes the good times that much sweeter. As silly as this sounds, I'm just re-learning this again.

There were certain things in my life that I tried to erase. But you really can't erase them, you just try to hide them so deep that they would never see the light of day. I tried to remember only the good but without the bad, the good didn't seem as good as I remember it. Why? Because I was taking the easy way out and not experiencing ALL of life. I thought that if I just remembered the good, everything would be alright...WRONG!!

The reason we haven't been given an eraser is that Life is a series of Moments. Live in the present moment and let go of the past. Let go any labels you've assigned to yourself or others and be present. Have fun and make this moment, your best moment.

One of my favorite quotes is "Wherever you are, BE THERE!" Learn from the past and let it go. Be in the moment, this moment. That is something worth striving for and remembering...

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."


No comments:

Post a Comment